We’ve been Busy

We’ve been busy in the last week or so and thus I have not written. Lots happened in our household. We finished swimming lessons. We tried about 5 more Summerlicious restaruant. I went to a baby shower and we had our 6 month check up and shots for Little Miss as well as ‘C’s 26th birthday. We also were on CBC news last Thursday. A very busy week+ indeed.

So last week was our last 2 swimming lessons in that session. The Little Miss and I managed to go to every one but the very first. Little Miss has done very well. She’s never cried, although she has spit up a few times. Kinda gross but I managed to catch most of it usually. We also met several other babies and have set up a few play dates/coffee dates. Was a great experience and Little Miss is now a Starfish level.

Over the course of the last week or so Little Miss and I went out to various downtown restaurants for their Summerlicious menu’s with just my Mama or Chan-Man came and my Aunt Chaz. We tried Pangea in Yorkville, which was lovely. We went to Quinn’s Steakhouse at the Sheraton, dessert and appitizer were the best parts. We tried this place called Wish just south of Bloor off Yonge, they were fantastic. We went to the Hot House Cafe and had a great time. I can’t even remember now which ones were a Summerlicious menu and which places we went were just regular menu. I know we also went to the Bier Markt on Saturday for brunch and Little Miss and I went to Hey Lucy’s on King St with my good friend one day as well as dinner with my in-laws on Thursday evening. Lots of eating out and food, all of it tasty. Little Miss was also very well behaved and enjoyed the sights and smells, she spent all of her time by the tables trying to reach for glasses and bread.

Last Wednesday ‘C’ turned 26. We didn’t plan anything big but I did go to this gourmet bakery in Liberty Village and got him a dozen specialty cupcakes, each a different flavour from For The Love of Cake. Maple-bacon is not as good as you’d think, pretty gross actually. I also got him the first 2 season of 3rd Rock From The Sun and season1 of Sons of Anarchy. There of course was a late ngiht present as well but since I try to keep this blog mostly PG I won’t go into any details, just use your imaginations.

Last Friday we went to the doctors office and Little Miss was weighed, measured and injected. I am so happy and relieved! She finally cracked the double birth weight! She weighed in at 14 lbs and 5oz. She was also a beautiful 25.5 inches long. The doctors are very impressed with her developement so far. EVen at the office she was trying to crawl about and shuffle off the table. When it came time for her needles this was the first time she didn’t cry. Not only did she not cry she didn’t even tear up, she gave the doctor the stink eye, LoL. I was so proud of her. Normally after the babies 6 month check up it isn’t necessary to return unless baby is sick until their 1 year, but because of all the health issues we had we’ll be going back around 9 months unless something comes up. I don’t see that happening but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Sunday was the day of the baby shower, but first let me say I FINALLY went out for the first real time post baby Saturday night. Yes, I got fairly drunk and yes I greatly enjoyed it. I had previously written in another post about a friend whose son was born at 23 weeks and didn’t survive, this weekend was her due date. She needed to go out and keep busy and distracted. Saturday we went to a bar with another friend, Megs. We ended up going to a bar on Bloor called The Brunswick House, which is in our neighbourhood so I walked there. We danced and had a few drinks and I left a bit early since I knew I had to get up for a feeding around 4 and then get up and out of the house for 10:30. ‘C’ handled Little Miss while I was out. Now before someone freaks out and decides how awful I am for getting tipsy while giving my baby breast milk step back and take a deep breath, I pumped and dumped. I knew I was going out and made sure I had 2 extra bottled ready for me to be able to do so without her missing any bottles. She was fine and so was I. I was up and ready to greet the day by 7, not becasue the baby was up but because I’m a freak of nature and have always been an early riser, I was also non the worse for wear from going out the night before. I got up and ready making sure all the last preperations for the shower gift and a bag of clothing Little Miss had outgrown. The Baby shower was for ‘C’s aunt. She’s the youngest of his Aunts and only 10 yrs older then us. This is her first baby, a little girl. The shower was kids free so ‘C’ again watched the baby while I headed out to overload on estrogen. I had a great time, there were no game since people didn’t feel like playing, it was mostly food, presents and chatting. All very fun things for me, even watching someone else open gifts makes me happy I like seeing their surprise and happiness. Most of ‘C’s female relatives showed up even from several hours away and most of the father’s females relatives as well. It was lovely to see people I so rarely get to visit with and catch up. Of course family gossip is a huge part of any get together and I definitely got an ear full, but it was nearly all harmless and in good fun, the stuff that wasn’t was all still true and no one was hiding it. The food was excellent; expect for an overabundance of pickles, and the decorations were beautiful. After the party was over several women stayed behind to help tidying up and load the future Mama’s haul into the couples car.

I know I’m not writing this in perfect sequence but ph well. Thursday as we were heading intot he change rooms for our last swimming class we were stopped by on of the gym’s managers and asked if I minded being filmed for a segment on CBC about swimming at a young age and all the drownings Ontario has had this year. I didn’t mind, especially since if I didn’t want to be filmed we would miss the lesson. The class was the same as usual except a camera man occasionally was recording a few different techniques we were practicing. At the end a reporter asked if I minded answering a few questions. So it ended up that for the second time since the previous Friday Little Miss and I were on a local evening news broadcast. I’m glad that they were both positive ones. I didn’t see the first one but the CBC one I recorded and even managed to send a clip to a few family members. Little Miss was super cute, only a little disappointing that the ticket at the botton of the screen covered part of her face up, but her huge blue eyes were clearly visable (Sorry, her eyes amaze me, they’re huge and about 4 different shades of blue from icy/silver to dark navy).

Lots of other smaller things happened as well as a few bigger ones. One of those would be Sunday night after I came home from the shower and we put Little Miss to bed I decided to check in on her only to be shocked. I found her on her knees at the edge of her bed trying to pull up on the railing. SO glad I looked in. We sadly had to waken her fully by hauling her out and lowering her bed so she can’t do that anymore, I don’t want her falling out of bed yet. We also put up a guard rail on our bed at the same time since she comes into bed with us about 30 minutes before ‘C’ gets up. She also has started on baby food. She loves banana and sweet potatoe, she full on gags on beef. She tried sweet potatoe and turkey today and that went well. I’m sure there’s lots more I could go on about but Little Miss is waking up and spending time with her is way better then typing, I’m sure all the parents out there agree.

Have a lovely day/week/month/year whichever you prefer based on your frequency of reading my posts!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s