I’ve been playing with a few different recipes lately and this is one I’ve finished and made with both Pastry Flour and All Purpose.
2. 1/2 Butter (I tried with margerine, but butter just works best)
3. 1/2 Cup Sugar
4. 1 1/2 Cups Pastry Flour
5. 1 Tsp Vanilla
6. 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
7. 1 Cup Your choice of Chocolate Chip (I used butterscotch one time, still very tasty)
*Note, if you’re using All Purpose Flour add 1 Tsp salt and 2 Tsp Baking Powder
Making The Batter
1. Set Oven to 400 degrees
2. Blend together egg, sugar, vanilla and softened butter.
3. Add Baking Powder and stir
4. Pour in milk mixing gently
5. Add in chocolate chips
6. Add flour and stir
In a lightly greased cake pan or cupcake pan pour in batter leaving about a 1/3 of the tin empty for rising. Place in oven on medium to high shelf for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven. Remove from oven and let cool before decorating.