Playing Catch Up

A very busy last week or so. Little Miss made a few huge leaps developementally and her newest cousin (through some familial jumping) was born. I also started the next phase in my fitness plan. Little Miss and I did a mini disappearing act around the house this past weekend and did a lot of visiting and wondering in downtown Toronto.

Little Miss has been crawling for just over a month now and a few weeks ago got her first tooth. It was her upper left side tooth and a few days later the corresponding right side tooth barely broke through the gums only to go back up into hiding. Now it’s just under the surface clearly visable but not yet ready to come out. I imagine that she’ll look like a mini vampire when it stops being so shy. This past weekend she also turned 7 months. The leaps Little Miss accomplished were all in the last week and pretty impressive when I know that just a day or two before she mastered them she needed quite a bit of support. Little Miss can now sit up on her own, she can go from lying on her back to crawling to sitting or in the reverse all without assistance.  She’s even started leaning back on her knees trying to get up along the couches. I’m very very very proud and happy and impressed but also surprised about how quickly it seems that she’s coming along at times. She also is now no longer the youngest baby in the family as her little cousin (once removed) was born last week.

So in a previous post I wrote about finally starting to actively get back in shape and to be honest I didn’t do it every day like I had hoped. Chasing a crawler just didn’t always make it workable. I still have been doing it though and this week I added a new element, the gym. My gym costs a bit more per month then others around us but with all the classes and extras it’s worth it. Until Little Miss turns 6 as long as I have a membership she gets free access to their facilities and priority in classes, like her swimming lessons. To me that’s great, they also offer a baby sitting service during the day. It’s not a drop off centre by any means, you have to stay in the building and book ahead to make sure they have available space. They only take 3 children at the most and non older then 3 in the room Little Miss goes to. I have been scoping the place out for a bit and even after I started taking her to them before her swimming lessons I would stay in the room or be just down the hall. I never book for onger then an hour and usually if I have left it’s been to go to the coffee shop and get a coffee before coming right back. I have been talking with ‘Lala’ since early July and have a pretty good idea of who she is when it comes to children, I’ve seen how the toddlers run to her in excitement when they get to the room and it definitely helps with any anxious feelings I’ve had. This week I left Little Miss in the baby sitting room while I went to the gym. I’m not jumping into anything extreme but I have to start somewhere and so far feel like this is a good start, it helps that I can go during the day without having to wait for ‘C’ to get home.

Last Thursday ‘C’s brother came over for the night so they could have man time and he could see Little Miss, when ‘C’ woke up he did not feel good. He was sick and ended up coming home early Friday. Little Miss and I had gone over to Bestie’sto visit and another girl friend came over with her 4 month old as well. We all ended up spending the day in the shade playing with or watching the babies play together or stare eachother down. ‘C’ doesn’t get sick often but when he does it’s pretty bad. Saturday was worse then Friday, he was feverish and had body aches all over. I took Little Miss backk out for the day to Bestie’s where we had a birthday party to go to and kept her over there until close to bed time. I feel bad when ‘C’ is sick but since the RSV and all the complications and Little Miss’s heightened susceptibility to even a common cold needing medical intervention I wasn’t going to stay home and risk exposing her to his germs. I was mean and made him fend for himself. Even on Sunday when he was a little better then Saturday, but being mostly dead is an improvement from dead so I still kept her away.

Tuesday evening Sassy (previously ‘S’) and I went to a concert at the Molson Amphitheatre. We saw Kelly Clarkson and The Fray. I love pop music, it’s happy and bouncy for the most part and something I feel guilt free listening to in front of Little Miss. Sassy has had a rough year, if you’ve read any of my previous posts you’ll know she lost her son at 23 weeks after he was born early and survived for only 12 minutes. Then on top of that her relationship with the father fell apart and he’s since then started harassing her. She needed a night out and Kelly Clarkson is really pretty great for those ‘You’re better off without him’ type songs. The show start at 7 on the dot and didn’t end until 11. It was a late night but very fun. We got to sing along to most of the songs and all the artists were very interactive witht he crowd; coming into the audience to sing and shake hands.  The fact that we got I.D’d 4 times was also pretty awesome, always is flattering I think.

Little Miss has been teething lately, I think on her lower jaw this time. She’s showing all the usual signs as well as whenever she’s able she’s been dropping her chin onto any surface she can and sort of grinding her gums together. Then this morning she woke up sick. ‘C’s germs proved strong enough to still get to her. She’s coughing with a bit of a phlegmy wheeze to it and had a little faucet nose. She’s not impressed. Last night she couldn’t get comfortabel unless she was lying on one of us. It made for a long night trying to cat nap with a wiggly sick baby on my chest, I’m just glad we have the baby rail up so when I managed to lay her down I didn’t roll off the bed.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s